Saturday, August 18, 2007

The Meaning of Life

Everyone has been asking this question through out history. Everyone searches for the meaning of life. Some people try to find it through finding that so called soul mate, or through religeon, or through friends. I believe I have found my meaning to life.
Many people strive and scheme through out their everyday trials trying to achieve some kind of goal, whether it be some sort of business, or educational, or monetary gain. And they strive for this goal because it makes them happy. I have discovered that I am most happy with the simple things in life. I was recently in hannibal. I went there to have pizza with some old friends. This of course was just a blast, even though we did nothing but talk about old things. Later on a friend of mine's girlfriend, and her friend, wanted to go swimming. And I happened to be the only one with a vehicle there. So I was "persuaded" *cough cough* to take them swimming. But all the pools were closed. So we decided to go to the fountains by the mississipi and swim in them. But just playing in the water, watching all the guys walk, or drive by, just staring at me jealously, and the atmosphere, was just the world to me. Its crazy how something so simple would be so uplifting. Ozzfest, also, was one of the greatest times Ive ever had in my life. I was surounded by like-minded people. I had many conversations with different people, and of course, challenged them in the mosh pit.
Its the simple things.
The simple drinking game full of laughter and jokes, while surounded by friends is also one of the most uplifting occasions. I recently started hanging out with a new crowd of people. And that was how I got to know them.
But one of my passions has always been meeting new people. I met a guy there, he was from las vegas, and he worked in the music industry. We had a good 4 hour conversation on nothing but music theory, talent of upcoming bands, note theory, and the sort. I was most happy then also.
The meaning of life is not to reach a goal. Once your dead, that goal is gone. Un retainable. Its the good times, the simple times, and the simple things. If you were an average citizen all your life, but had more fun moments, or simple moments, such as these mentioned, you would die a richer man than the CEO of wallmart. All he gets is his name on the wall. Whereas I will leave an impression on everyone I meet, that lasts on. I have also decided to join the army. At the water fountain, many tourists came up to us and asked us questions that turned into light conversation. And of course the older people asked what we were doing with our lives. When I told them military, they all had the same reaction. They showed me the upmost respect. The kind of respect Im not used to getting. And its moments like that, that make life worth living.
This, I believe, is the meaning of life. Life is a series of moments. And you have controll of what those moments will be. I will make my moments happy and lasting ones, whenever I can. Screw the drama of chasing that one true love, screw the want for unatainable riches. These things just cause worry on your mind, and when these moments come, you wont recognize them. But if you do recognize them, after you read this, just take the moment in. Live in the moment, and it will make you happy.

-Red Death

No comments: